In issue eight of Built magazine we visit the Born Free Motorcycle Show, arguably America’s best custom motorcycle show and Camp VC - a ladies only custom biking event in the Welsh hills and Motorcycle Social, a brand new but already thriving show in Leeds.
We meet the near perfect Ducati Novant’anni built by Dutchmen Leo Fleuren and Willy Poelen and a Ducati built by Fuel that started life as a Scrambler, although you’d never know it to look at it.
We head to Africa on scramblers with Sam Lovegrove and meet Glen Moger the man behind some of the bikes built at Red Max Speed Shops who’s particularly well-known for his stunning motorcycle seats.
Jets Forever show us a lock-up full of ‘Frisco-style Harleys and we find out how clothing specialist Legacy 85 links up with Triumph experts Bonnefication to offer a one-stop shop.
What's inside this issue of Built magazine?
The peaceful hills of Brecon didn’t know what hit them – 250 female bikers and skaters converged on a field to ride, chat and – of course – have one hell of a party.
Run by an ex-race team mechanic, Liberty’s credentials are top notch. No surprises then that this Poole-based BMW R80T is so sweet.
'This is old school welding. I love it.'
Wasp specialise in classic off-road frame kits, but they've earned a reputation for customs thanks to these two gems built by their 22-year-old welder
Welding from heaven - Meet the 22-year-old who built two of the best machines at Bike Shed
- SBOMB hits Poole - A new bike shop and cafe making great customs and coffee
- Ultraclean BM - This is what happens when a top bike race mechanic builds a custom
- More speed! - Indian specialists, parts supremos, custom builders… this lot do it all
- Can’t stop building - Side Rock Cycle’s Pete Hodson is brilliant and prolific. And we've got the proof
- One stop Triumph shop - Quality clothing emporium Legacy 85: now with added Triumph spares
- ‘Wanna see some choppers?’ - We stumble on three wild creations, each with an amazing backstory
- Ultimate upgrade? - Remember the Triumph Trophy 900? Boring eh? This version is certainly not...
- Part builder, part magician -Here’s why Pete Pearson keeps winning global custom bike building competitions
- Better than physio - Yamaha’s SCR950 soothes Built’s crocked editor on his southern tour
- No blokes allowed - 250 bike-mad women head to Wales for an epic weekend party
- ‘I fear no sand’ - What better way to test your new build than riding across a desert?
- Motorcycle social - A new show in Leeds proves again there’s plenty going on 'up North
- Born Free - All the best bikes from one of America’s premier custom motorcylcle shows
- Stampede in a jam jar - Racing dirt track on vintage clonkers round a titchy US oval. Oh yes!
- First time perfect - German customising newbie has a shockingly good go at his GB500
- Next stop, the world - Why Spanish scramber specialists Fuel Motorcycles just keep on expanding
- Channeling the 900ss - A new Ducati Scrambler gets one of the coolest makeovers ever
- Steve mcqueen’s Kawasaki - Well, almost – it’s a W650 turned into a 1950s Desert Sled
- Renegade Indian - Scout flat tracker prepped (kinda) for the world’s biggest enduro
- Dutch courage - No plans, no sketches and two builders. This bike’s a minor miracle
- Urban rider - Strike before the Christmas chaos hits and buy some tasty kit now
- BMW RnineT Pure - Built’s designer Stewart tests his dream bike then goes kit shopping to celebrate
- Built clobber - Demonstrate your superiority to lesser humans with one of our brilliant Built T-shirts